Monday, January 23, 2012

miscellany monday!

Hi friends! I hope you had a great weekend! I can't believe it's already Monday--why can't we have another four day workweek again this week? I'm going to be linking up with Carissa for Miscellany Monday again this week to share all of the random things I'm thinking about!



MMbutton3



1. We were supposed to get a really nasty ice storm on Friday night, so Rob and I planned on a nice dinner at home! We made pork chops, steamed fresh green beans, and this skinny au gratin potato recipe. I didn't have most of the herbs on hand, so we just improvised and it was WONDERFUL! I highly recommend it!


2. We of course watched a bunch of tv this weekend because the weather was pretty yucky! We caught up on our DVR on Friday night--we watched Castle, Modern Family, and Rob even watched Grey's and Private Practice with me! Husband of the year, right here! :)


3. Saturday night we tried to go to Bonefish, but the weight was almost two hours! No fun, but we ended up at a Mexican restaurant instead. We did have some pretty yummy guacamole made right at our table so I can't complain too much! Rob and I thought about hitting up a movie afterwards, but decided to come home and watch a movie we had Netflixed. I've been reading a bunch of spy/conspiracy books lately, so we watched The Recruit. It's not as good as a book, but it was a good movie to watch!



220px-Recruitmovie



4. Sunday started out with church and then dinner with Rob's parents. I love that we live so close to his family--and all of the time we get to spend with them. I know how so many other couples have forced relationships with their in-laws and this is something I am just so incredibly thankful for!


5. Instead of going grocery shopping this week, Rob and I are going to just try to eat foods we already have at home. I know we are going to have to get a few things (like Diet Coke! :) ) but I think we will probably spend under $30 this week in groceries. Amazing. I decided to put what we'd normally spend at the grocery into our savings. That was one of my NY resolutions, remember? :) I know that we might have a night or two of random meals, but we still have things for a roast, buffalo chicken macaroni and cheese, spaghetti and meatballs, and a pork tenderloin that we need to eat. Not a bad week's worth of meals for not going grocery shopping! Our fridge and pantry are so full, we need to eat some of those things up!


6. I have a very busy week ahead--substituting three days, a work trip on Tuesday, reading a book for a workshop this weekend, plus preparing for a couple of trainings events at work. All of these things I love doing, but I just know it's going to be a tough week!


How was your weekend? Tell me what's new in your life! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! Your comments make me so happy! I will try to email you back as soon as possible. :)