Tuesday, January 17, 2012

my weekend!



On Friday we got lots of snow! I was so excited to have some finally--we normally have SO much in Columbus and we haven't really had any! I was substitute teaching on Friday--and we were one of the only schools within several counties to have school! However, I loved being out in the snow--it was pretty exciting!

I rented a couple of movies for us to watch on Friday evening because I knew there was no way we'd be going back out! Rob made us a gluten-free pizza and we enjoyed a nice evening in! We watched Contagion and The Next Three Days. Both were ok--I was expecting so much more!

The_Next_Three_Days_7



The_Next_Three_Days_7


On Saturday morning, Rob was sweet enough to go with me to one of my youth's baptism. Well--now she's a college freshman! Frannie was baptized at her college, Wittenberg, which is a little over an hour from our house. The interstate wasn't too bad--but the roads on the way there were kind of sketchy! Here's pretty Frannie and Alicia posing with me after Frannie was baptized. :)


Photo-13



Saturday night, we had some friends over to watch football. I love having friends over and cooking for them! It was kind of last minute, but it ended up being really fun. I made my granny's macaroni and cheese, which was a huge hit! :)

Sunday morning started off with church and a meeting afterwards. I had a visitation for my great aunt to go to afterwards. My great aunt, Betty, was such a wonderful person. It was so nice to see some of my mom's family though. My sister came home with me for a little bit until my mom came to pick her up for the ride home. It wasn't nearly enough time to hang out--but I was so happy to get some quality time with her!

Sunday night, Rob and I headed to our friends' house. My friend's husband is seriously a gourmet chef! He made a rack of lamb for us with squash, rosemary roasted potatoes, and a few others sides. Such a delicious meal! It's better than anything I've eaten in a restaurant!

Monday was another jam-packed day! It started off with brunch and a movie with two of my best girlfriends. I had a wonderful avocado omelet! :) We then went to see My Week with Marilyn. It was an interesting movie--but barely 90 minutes long!

My-Week-With-Marilyn-featured-277x320


We also did a little bit of shopping at Old Navy! Old Navy is a store where I can either find nothing or want to buy the whole entire store! This time, I wanted to buy everything. :) I managed to restrain myself and only buy a few things. One was this pretty dress on sale! :)



My-Week-With-Marilyn-featured-277x320



Monday evening, Rob and I met up with my cousin and her boyfriend for sushi and ice cream. This weekend had lots of eating and fun with our friends. I'm so happy that I was also able to spend time with my family! And, I am happy to report that even though I ate out several meals and was incredibly lazy, I didn't do too terribly with my calories! My Fitness Pal makes things so easy to track--so you can either adjust what you're eating or your portions perfectly! I love the feature where you can exercise to get some extra calories for eating. ;)


How was your weekend? I hope you enjoyed the extra day off from work! I know I did! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! Your comments make me so happy! I will try to email you back as soon as possible. :)