Monday, February 27, 2012

my weekend in review


Typepad is being so difficult about loading pictures, so I am just going to tell you about my weekend and add the pictures later!


Friday, after I had substituted during the day, I came home and took a 2 hour nap. I was exhausted! When I woke up, Rob and I went to Lonestar for dinner. Rob's parents gave us a giftcard there for Valentine's Day and we made great use of it! I had the bacon-wrapped sirloin and it was amazing. Simply wonderful! I tried to pull myself together to go see a movie, but I was just completely exhausted. Part of the reason I was a little exhausted is because when I came home a bunch of the siding from our house was missing! Rob is such a rockstar and already has someone coming to fix it this next week! :)


Saturday morning I woke up a little early (probably thanks to my marathon nap the day before!) and headed out to run some errands while Rob relaxed. I went to the post office, library, and bank all before 10:30 AM. Not my normal Saturday, for sure! When I got home, we started watching some of the Harry Potter movies! We made it all the way through #3---Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. I am looking forward to watching the rest so so much! As far as my book reading is going, I finished the sixth one today and started the last one! So bittersweet!


Rob and I both took naps on Saturday because we are such bums. :) Rob was a champ and made us both pancakes for lunch. I love pancakes and Rob makes some pretty stellar gluten-free ones. I am so so blessed with a husband who can cook! :) Saturday night we met up with some of our friends for Mexican and then another one of my best friends joined us afterwards. Such a fun night and I hated to say goodbye at the end of the night!


Sunday morning brought church and then brunch with one of our favorite couples. We tried out a new place, Matt the Miller and it was SO yummy! We all left full and happy. :) I may have taken a bit of a nap on the way home. No judgement, please. ;) I needed my rest because after brunch we went to Rob's grandpa's birthday party and then an Oscar Party! We ended up having a pretty late night and I was up at 5:30 this morning for work. See why I needed all of those naps this weekend?


I hope you had a good weekend too! As soon as typepad gets its picture issues fixed I will upload some pictures--I have some great ones to show you from the Oscar Party including Oscar Bingo! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! Your comments make me so happy! I will try to email you back as soon as possible. :)