Tuesday, February 14, 2012

our love story


120752833728349638_XjlJpTmQ_c


I've seen lots of people around the blogging world sharing their love stories and I thought I would participate for Valentine's Day! :)



1. How long have you and your significant other been together?

Rob and I have been together for just over two years. We started dating at the beginning of December in 2009. Yes, we did meet, become official, get engaged, and get married in about 14 months. We are getting ready to celebrate our first married anniversary next month! You know when you know! :)

2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}

Rob and I met online. AH! We told most people that we met through mutual friends, but as time has gone on we (ok actually I) have become much more open about it. Rob was the third boy I went out on a date with from eharmony and I was the second girl he had been on a date with! I happened very quickly, which made me very happy of course!

For our first date, Rob and I went to Bon Vie. Our dinner lasted for a couple of hours before we walked around Easton to look at the Christmas lights. We went back to my apartment and watched Christmas Vacation. It was the best first date. We immediately connected and spent the evening getting to know each other better and sharing stories. The next day, Rob told his coworkers he had met the girl he was going to marry. I love that. :)

Within a few weeks, we were official, although pretty much from our first date on, we didn't see anyone else. :)

3. If married, how long have you been married? If not, is this the guy you hope to marry? {do tell}

Rob and I will celebrate our first wedding anniversary next month! :)

4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding? If not, where would you like to get married? And will it be big or small?

Rob and I were married at Worthington United Methodist Church. Our wedding and reception were pretty decent sized--we had 225 guests attend our wedding! Rob and I had ten bridesmaids, nine groomsmen, two flower girls, and a ring bearer. We also had one reader and two of our friends sang at our wedding. Everyone was so stressed about the size of our wedding party, but honestly it was perfect. I felt so incredibly blessed to have so many of our friends and family there to celebrate our love. The love and the positive energy at our wedding was simply amazing. I wish I could go back and slow time down for the day!

I blogged about my wedding several places if you'd like to see all of the pictures from our big day! :)








Pictures from our reception are here, and here.

5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!

We mainly just use our names. We'll use babe, etc. but not any unique names!

6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.

Just 3?! Let's see... I think Rob is so so funny. I love how much and how often he makes me laugh. Rob also totally has my back. I love how upset he gets when I tell him about someone being mean to me--without question. I also love Rob's love of traveling and food. We have so much fun going away or the weekend or traveling around the world together. and, he is totally up for trying any new kind of food and I love being able to experience things with him!

7. Tell us how he proposed? Or your ideal proposal?

I shared our engagement story here. Rob is such a romantic and I love that our engagement story is so romantic! :)

8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?

Neither, really. This year for Valentine's Day Rob gave me my first pair of Revas and a box of chocolates from our pets. I feel very, very spoiled!

9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?

I think the majority of our dates are cooking dinner together and watching a movie together--sometimes we will do dinner and a movie out also. However, I think over the top romance is nice eery once in awhile. I think all girls like to be fawned over. :)

10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?

Just yesterday Rob and I were discussing a dream vacation we'd like to take to Greece and Italy. :) I hope someday that dream becomes a reality!

11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day.

Rob and I have reservations at an Asian restaurant in town. We are both pretty jet lagged from Vegas, so we may go see a movie, but I think we will just come home and go to bed early. We're pretty exciting. :)



12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?

I already received my Valentine's gift--my new Revas! :)

13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.


I think it's so easy to get caught up in your job, money worries, what's coming next, any of the problems you might be facing in your marriage and not remember to love on your spouse. Every few months, Rob and I will go away for the weekend or a longer vacation if possible. I always find myself returning home so refreshed and ready to face anything. Even a night away can make a huge difference! :)

14. Show us a picture of what love means to you.


BeckyRob_074




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! Your comments make me so happy! I will try to email you back as soon as possible. :)