Thursday, February 23, 2012

wedding cake link up!


Cakelinkup

Today I am linking up with Britt at The Magnolia Pair to show off our wedding cake! I was so anxious about getting our wedding cake because I'm gluten-free, but I knew I didn't want our wedding cake to be. So, what does a girl do when she wants a cake with regular flour that she cannot eat herself? Enter my wonderful sister and maid of honor! Rachel helped me pick out her favorite cake/filling combinations. Piece of Cake in the Short North did both of our wedding cakes--the regular cake and the groom's cake. I LOVED working with them--they were so nice and made the entire process stress free!


Rob is a graduate of THE Ohio State University, so I knew I wanted his groom's cake to be themed for his beloved Buckeyes. His cake was red velvet, of course and was a replica of the OSU football stadium. Rob had no idea he was going to have a groom's cake, let alone something so fun! There were a lot of Buckeye fans at our reception and they all got a huge kick out of it, too. :)


Cakelinkup

For our actual wedding cake, I knew I wanted our monogram and I knew I wanted some polka dots--but I wanted it to be all white. Piece of Cake had several options to choose from that were right in our price range and I couldn't have been happier with the way our wedding cake turned out. The only struggle I had was what type of cake topper to use. I had thought about doing something personalized, but the price tag seemed a little steep for me. So, I purchased a Willow Tree Promise cake topper. I still think it is so beautiful and I hope someday our children will be able to use it. :)


Cakelinkup

Our cake was chocolate with raspberry filling and I heard from several sources that it was delicious! I had a small gluten-free cake made at a bakery so that we would be able to cut at least one piece of cake and feed it to each other. The gluten-free cake was carrot cake with cream cheese icing.


Cakelinkup

When we went to cut the cake I was so anxious because I suddenly realized this is the one thing I hadn't planned! Was Rob going to smash the cake in my face? Was I going to smash it in his face? Were we going to use our hands? A fork? Talk about major stress! :)


In the end, Rob was a complete gentleman and fed me my piece of cake very sweetly. :)


Cakelinkup


CakelinkupThanks Britt for letting me relive such a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! Your comments make me so happy! I will try to email you back as soon as possible. :)